A delicious macaroni and cheese dish is just the ticket for a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner in for you and anyone you want to share it with. Yet, the traditional homemade recipes consist of a lot of cheese and cream, which has never really worked for me. Plus, with Valentine’s Day on a Friday night, there’s limited prep-time if you have a full-time day-job.
I have the answer for you with a creamy, decadent recipe that not only tastes amazing, but doesn’t take a lot of time to prepare. An added bonus is that this recipe can be vegan and gluten-free! Which makes this an ideal meal for most diets (it does contain nuts).
I always like to include a veggie or two in my pasta dishes, so
Macaroni & Cheeze Recipe
- 12-16 oz. Brown Rice Pasta
- 3-4 cups Broccoli Florets
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- Cheeze Sauce (recipe below)
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, cut in halves
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
2. Place the broccoli in a layer on a baking shit and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
3. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
4. Prepare your pasta as directed, drain, rinse and place in a large bowl.
5. Prepare the Cheeze Sauce and pour the sauce on the pasta.
6. Add the roasted broccoli to the pasta and mix in.
7. Finally, add the sliced tomatoes and plate up!
Perfect served with a glass of red wine or even a beer, this will be a wonderfully flavorful dinner for almost any palette. Most importantly, it’s a dish that is served best with some friends or loved ones.
Perfect for Valentine’s Day!
“Cheeze Sauce” Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup Raw Cashews
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 3/4 cup Water
- 3 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- pinch of Cayenne Powder
- pinch of Turmeric
1. Combine all the ingredients together in a blender or food processor…
That’s it! Grab some veggies and dip for a delicious taste!